Students Contents Insurance

Most Teenagers going off to University aren’t normally thinking “How do I insure my stuff?”, so if you are reading this then you are probably a concerned parent, a mature student an appreciate the importance of insuring your possessions.

In some cases an insurers will include cover for students possessions whilst they are at University as part of the parents household cover, however this is not automatic and will almost always be for limited sums of cover. It is therefore very important that you check with your insurer exactly what is and is not covered – remember that students tend to have expensive top level equipment which in shared accommodation or student digs is more vulnerable to theft and damage than when at home.

Students that share accommodation with others will need to each buy cover for themselves, although a group of friend could club together if they are living in the same place provided that they are all named on the policy.

Get a quote!