Buildings Insurance

Your home is probably the largest investment you will make. That’s why it makes sense to protect yourself against the possibility of it being destroyed or damaged by fire, flood or storm.

It is rare for a home to be totally destroyed, however even a small fire can cause a significant amount of damage and the repair bills to fix the consequences of water damage that results from a burst pipe can be huge. Buildings Insurance is designed to protect you against the financial consequences of events such as these.

If you have a mortgage then buying a buildings insurance policy will be essential. Most lenders will insist that you have a suitable household insurance policy that protects their investment in your home.

In most cases if you are renting your home or you live in a leasehold property such as a flat then you normally won’t need to worry about buildings insurance as this is usually the responsibility of the landlord or freeholder.