Holiday Home Insurance

If you are lucky enough to own a holiday home then you will need to buy the same protection for it that you do for your own home. You will need a special insurance policy that’s designed for holiday homes because the risks are slightly different.

For a start most home policies exclude cover for properties that are unoccupied for more than 30 days. The other common exclusion is in respect of paying guests or visitors. A specialist holiday home policy will cover your property for both of these eventualities.

HI Expert has access to a range of insurers who offer specialist holiday home cover and can help you find the best insurance quote for your holiday home.

Unless your holiday home is a flat or leasehold property you will need to buy both Buildings and Contents cover for your property. A holiday home policy will cover the same perils as a standard household policy, but with the extra extensions to allow your holiday home to be let out or left unoccupied. You should also make sure that you have cover for property owner’s liability, just in case a visitor to the property is injured.