Contents Insurance for Holiday Home

Depending on your circumstances you might not keep a great deal of value at your holiday home or you might have it furnished to a high specification. Whichever type of holiday home you have you really should buy some cover to protect you against having to replace the contents if the worst occurs.

Make an inventory of the items that need to be covered by walking from room to room. Don’t forget any garden items that might need to be included too.

If you are letting your home out it is advisable to have a secure area (locked cupboard or garage) where you can store your personal possessions. Even then try not to leave high value personal possessions in your holiday home as these might be excluded from cover or limited to a low value per item if they go missing.

Copyright 2013 JCT Insurance